Department of Opthalmology
The Ophthalmology department addresses the anatomy, physiology and diseases of the eye. The diseases which are generally undertaken in this medicine branch are Blindness, cataracts, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. This department have well trained and expert physicians, who are often called as .ophthalmologist. They conduct several tests like Visual field testing, ophthalmoscope, etc, to diagnose the root cause of the disease and provide the best possible care to the patients. The treatment can be done either through medication or through surgery.
The following are the treatments and surgeries which are undertaken by this department:
- Refractive cataract surgery.
- Small incision cataract surgery.
- Paediatric cataract surgery.
- Occuloplasty corrective and Reconstructive orbital surgery.
- Retina and Vitreous related surgeries like Diabetic retinopathy management, Age related macular degeneration management, Retinal detachment surgery, etc.
- Cornea ulcer treatment and Dry eye management.
- Paediatric Glaucoma surgery and Laser Glaucoma treatment
- Medical assistance on Congenital and hereditary disorders.
- Electrophysiology and Optic nerve disease evaluation and management
- Apart from the above treatments and surgery, general OPD facilities are also available which includes providing Spectacles, Contact Lenses, auto refractometer, Refraction, Keratometer, Low vision aids, indirect/Direct ophthalmoscope, Eye muscle exercises, etc.
The state-of-art department of Ophthalmology is intended to provide a complete range of medical and surgical eye care for the protection, preservation, improvement and reinstatement of vision. Every age group people can face the above mention types of problems. The Ophthalmology Department is equipped with cutting edge technology in the form of sophisticated diagnostic and microsurgical equipment.